This annual report offers a wealth of information on the trends and developments in fixed-line and mobile telephony, broadband, digital media, convergence and new technologies in
· Key country and telecom statistics;
· Market and industry overviews;
· Regulatory environment;
· Major players (fixed and mobile);
· Mobile voice and data markets;
· Digital TV;
· Converging media, including VoIP, VoD and IPTV;
· Broadband (fixed and mobile).
Researcher:- Henry Lancaster
Current publication date: May 2009 (8th Edition)
Next publication date:- May 2010
BuddeComm’s annual publication,
The incumbent, Deutsche Telekom, remains one of
· Triple play is a rapidly developing market in
· Germany’s VDSL network has been extended in 2009 through co-operative ventures between DT and utilities as well as its competitors including Arcor, Versatel, Hansenet, Telefónica Deutschland, NetCologne and QSC.
Data in this report is the latest available at the time of preparation and may not be for the current year.
The following notes provide some background to our scenario forecasting methodology:
· This report includes what we term scenario forecasts. By describing long-range scenarios we identify a band within which we expect market growth to occur. The associated text describes what we see as the most likely growth trend within this band.
· The projections shown in the tables in this report are based on our own historical information, as well as on telecommunication sector statistics from official and non-official, national and international sources. We assume a possible deviation of 15-20% around this data.
· All statistics for GDP, revenue, etc, are shown in US$, in order to maintain consistency within and between markets. At the same time we acknowledge that this can introduce some irregularities.
Monitor critical insights with our AI-powered Market Intelligence Platform gathering and analyzing intelligence in real time. With AI trained to spot emerging trends and detect new strategic opportunities, our clients use TMT Intelligence to accelerate their growth.
If you want to know more about it, please see:
BuddeComm's strategic business reports contain a combination of both primary and secondary research statistics, analyses written by our senior analysts supported by a network of experts, industry contacts and researchers from around the world as well as our own scenario forecasts.
For more details, please see:
Have the latest telecommunications industry news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to BuddeComm's weekly newsletter.