This annual report offers a wealth of information on the trends and developments in fixed-line and mobile telephony, broadband, digital media, convergence and new technologies in
· Key country and telecom statistics;
· Market and industry overviews;
· Regulatory environment;
· Major players (fixed and mobile);
· Mobile voice and data markets;
· Digital TV;
· Converging media, including VoIP, VoD and IPTV;
· Broadband (fixed and mobile).
Researcher:- Henry Lancaster
Current publication date: May 2009 (8th Edition)
Next publication date:- May 2010
BuddeComm’s annual publication,
The incumbent, Deutsche Telekom, remains one of
· Triple play is a rapidly developing market in
· Germany’s VDSL network has been extended in 2009 through co-operative ventures between DT and utilities as well as its competitors including Arcor, Versatel, Hansenet, Telefónica Deutschland, NetCologne and QSC.
Data in this report is the latest available at the time of preparation and may not be for the current year.
The following notes provide some background to our scenario forecasting methodology:
· This report includes what we term scenario forecasts. By describing long-range scenarios we identify a band within which we expect market growth to occur. The associated text describes what we see as the most likely growth trend within this band.
· The projections shown in the tables in this report are based on our own historical information, as well as on telecommunication sector statistics from official and non-official, national and international sources. We assume a possible deviation of 15-20% around this data.
· All statistics for GDP, revenue, etc, are shown in US$, in order to maintain consistency within and between markets. At the same time we acknowledge that this can introduce some irregularities.
Table of Contents
Companies (Major Players)
Mobile & Wireless Broadband and Media
Mobile Communications (voice and infrastructure)
Regulations & Government Policies
Number of pages 138
Last updated 27 May 2009
Analyst: Henry Lancaster
I have both worked with Paul and valued his opinion on many occasions. Following, his many comments on the telecommunications industry has been rewarding and insightful. His reports have always been of value and help guide us through the maze of jargon, politics and defined the real road map of this complex industry.
David Hayes, Country Manager - Australia at Bulletin Wireless
Caribbean - Telecoms, Mobile, and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses
US$795.00 until 30 Oct 2019
(normal price US$1,590.00)
Venezuela - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses
US$575.00 until 30 Oct 2019
(normal price US$1,150.00)
A selection of downloadable samples from our Annual Publications catalogue.