Understand and measure the impact of COVID-19 on the telecom industry!
Virus impact over each market - telecom operators, government agencies and regulators' responses - revised forecasts for the next 5 years.
- Carried out ICT sector case studies in various emerging and developing markets with a view to introducing 3G and 4G mobile broadband services, including Iraq, Pakistan, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Central African Republic and Sudan. Conducted strategy workshops with telecom operators in these countries regarding government policies, regulatory environment, licensing, technologies, investment strategies, frequency spectrum valuation, competition and business cases.
- Feasibility study for the third national mobile network licence in Oman, including a market analysis and demand forecast, Capex estimate, business plan and financial modelling.
- Study on e-resilience of national and international fibre optic network infrastructure in China for the United Nations Working Group on the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway (APIS).
- Advised the government of Angola on how the country's national and international fibre optic backbone infrastructure could be put under a public-private partnership (PPP) structure to speed up its development under a new ICT Strategy.
- Market impact study on international fibre optic cable in Cameroon: Examined regulatory and commercial barriers that had prevented the market from fully benefiting from the cable in the five years since launch and made recommendations for a more deregulated and competitive environment in the future.
- Senior Advisor on a project developing a strategic plan and implementation program to restructure the Swaziland Posts and Telecommunications Corporation (SPTC), return the company to profitability and prepare it for privatisation.
- Consultant on the evolution of the telecommunications sector in Haiti following the privatisation of Teleco and the launch of mobile services by Natcom; assessment of regulatory effectiveness over connectivity, tower sharing and number portability.
- Expert witness in a legal dispute before the International Court of Arbitration in London regarding voice and data traffic flows through international gateways.
- Consultant on the Macedonian telecoms sector, assessing factors impacting the development on the market.
- Advised the government of South Sudan on the design and implementation of the country’s first ever fibre optic cable.
- On behalf of a US-based NGO, researched options for better broadband connectivity for schools in four African cities, including a demand assessment for each school, market research, technology and product selection.
- Consultancies covering the overall Caribbean market, involving competition issues and anticipated regulatory measures.
- Consultancies concerned with Digicel's market prospects in its wider footprint.
- Expert witness in the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia, regarding the location of users in mobile phone networks.
- Advised the government of Somalia on strategies to restructure the country’s ICT sector and to realign it with regional and international standards, including legislation and regulation, market structure and competition, taxation, infrastructure development, regional and international cooperation.
Market Development and Strategic Planning
- Market and competitor analysis for a US-based investment firm planning to build a carrier-neutral ‘dark fibre’ network along railway lines across several African countries.
- Advised a Saudi Arabian investor on opportunities in African telecommunications markets. Developed a business plan for a US$600 million investment into mobile communications in Ethiopia, including a detailed technical design, financial modelling and long term strategic planning.
Purchase with Confidence
Paul owns and manages the world's largest online Telecommunications Consultancy and is very active on the international telecommunication scene. A very hard worker who is extremely well informed and well connected with all tiers of the ICT industry. He is the force behind the NBN project implementation and a catalyst for the progress of the Digital Economy between the Industry and the powers that be, in the government
Sharif Ahmed, Senior Consultant, Digisoft Microsystems
BuddeComm's strategic business reports contain a combination of both primary and secondary research statistics, analyses written by our senior analysts supported by a network of experts, industry contacts and researchers from around the world as well as our own scenario forecasts.
For more details, please see:
News & Views
Have the latest telecommunications industry news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to Paul's FREE weekly News & Views.