Last updated: 14 Oct 2008 Update History
Report Status: Archived
Report Pages: 155
Analyst: Stephen McNamara
The Benelux countries are
· Market and industry analyses, trends and developments;
· Facts, figures and statistics;
· Industry and regulatory issues;
· Research, mrketing, bnchmarking;
· Major payers, rvenues, sbscribers, pepaid;
· VoIP, IPTV, VoD, digital TV and DTTV;
· Converged media, mobile broadband.
Researcher: Henry Lancaster
Current publication date: October 2008 (7th Edition)
Next publication date:- October 2009
BuddeComm’s annual publication, 2008 Europe - Telecoms,
The digital TV sector in
Despite high broadband penetration rates, the broadband market developed strongly in this region in 2008. The
This report presents an overview of telecom liberalisation and privatisation in the
· An increasing number of broadband, telephony and TV triple play bundles were made available in 2008. By mid-year about 50% of Dutch households received bundled fixed-line telephony and broadband from the same provider. Consumer prices have tumbled in response to effective cross-platform competition.
· The resilient mobile market has shifted from the GSM to 3G, platforms as consumers take advantage of the excellent network upgrades: HSPA and EDGE is widely available across a region unencumbered by difficult terrain. Emerging business models, coupled with operator readiness to offer flat-data plans, stimulated mobile data use in 2008, although mobile TV remains a niche concept which is unlikely to find popular acceptance until the end of the decade.
· The regional TV market is characterised by concentrated cable networks, which pass around 93% of all TV homes in the
Broadband penetration rates in Country Penetration Household penetration 36% 75% 38% 72% 42% 80% (Source: BuddeComm)
Broadband penetration rates in
For those needing high level strategic information and objective analysis on this region, this 140+ page report is essential reading and gives further information on:
· Recent spectrum regulations and the further development of high-speed mobile access and mobile broadband;
· Triple play developments and the convergence of wireless broadband;
· Broadband business models based on municipal co-operation and funding for fibre access.
Data in this report is the latest available at the time of preparation and may not be for the current year.
Well “Thank you” so much for your informative & prompt reply – it is refreshing to actually get an answer as so many companies ignore their support or enquiry requests – sad really. I really do appreciate your information.
Brian Pollett, Genuine Wealth Creation Consulting Pty Ltd
BuddeComm's strategic business reports contain a combination of both primary and secondary research statistics, analyses written by our senior analysts supported by a network of experts, industry contacts and researchers from around the world as well as our own scenario forecasts.
For more details, please see:
A selection of downloadable samples from our Annual Publications catalogue.
Have the latest telecommunications industry news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to Paul's FREE weekly News & Views.