Australia - Industry - Market Share Analysis 2003-2004
The $40 billion telecommunication market is comprised of services (80%) and equipment (20%). Telstra is still the dominant player but at a retail level the company’s market share is steadily declining – by approximately 3% per annum. As growth in mobile approaches its end, Optus is likely to take the revenue lead in this market in 2005. Third-tier players dominate the data market, where they are reaching a 60% market share. Overall growth is mixed: Telstra’s growth remains well below that of the rest of the market, and many of the third-tier data SPs at the other end are doubling their revenue base.
Table of Contents
2. Market shares – total telecoms industry
3. Market shares – Telecoms services market
4. Market shares – total voice services market
5. Market shares – Fixed voice services market
6. Market shares – Local Call Market
7. Market shares – Mobile market
8. Market shares – Data market
9. IP: Industry driver for vendors and SPs
Table 1 – Service vs. equipment market shares – 1999 – 2004
Table 2 – Retail market share by company/SP group – 1999 - 2004
Table 3 – Average industry 5-year revenue growth (retail values) – 2000 – 2004
You produce well presented and thoroughly researched reports - we have bought some in the past - and you have been most helpful in getting back to me so quickly. MUCH appreciate everything about you guys .