For those needing high level strategic analysis, statistics and forecasts of
· Mobile statistics, revenues, ARPU, market shares and forecasting to 2011, split by operator;
· 3G operators and network infrastructure overviews;
· Mobile handset market including key players and statistics;
· Mobile retail market;
· Mobile satellite market;
· Mobile spectrum developments.
Researcher:- Dominic Hebert
Current publication date:- September 2009 (9th Edition)
Next publication date:- September 2010
BuddeComm’s Australia - Mobile Communications – Market Trends and Surveys annual publication provides information and insight into the mobile communications sector in Australia with a particular reference to mobile voice services.
The report provides an overview of the major mobile operators in
Voice is the dominant mobile service in
All the major mobile providers have recently completed upgrades to their mobile networks based on HSPA technologies. High-speed mobile broadband coverage has also been expanded to many regional centres in
Market penetration for mobile services in
· The mobile industry in
· There is a small chance that
· Growth in the overall number of services is also driven by net migration of people to
· In the first half of 2009 Telstra and Optus outperformed Vodafone and Hutchison. However it is likely that this has been at significant cost in terms of acquisition charges. In the second half of 2009 and 2010, BuddeComm expects that Telstra and Optus will retreat in their all-out attempts to acquire customers, while VHA will market itself aggressively in a bid to increase its market share.
· Total mobile services revenue earned by the major mobile operators in the financial year to 2009 surged surprisingly despite difficult broader economic conditions in
· The mobile retail market in 2009 continues to be dominated by vertically integrated retail chains which are directly affiliated with a single major mobile operator. In addition to the operator branded stores a large number of smaller retail chains and independent mobile retailers continue to compete. As economic conditions have worsened in 2009 consolidation among retailers has occurred and many retail operators have closed.
· The handset market in
This annual report provides the reader with a through overview of the mobile communications market in
Please note that while this publication does discuss mobile data to a degree, it is predominantly focussed on mobile voice services. Mobile data is focussed on in a separate annual publication: Australia - Mobile Broadband and Media, which is available from the BuddeComm website, see: Australia annual publications for further details.
Data in this report is the latest available at the time of preparation and may not be for the current year.
Table of Contents
Number of pages 189
Last updated 23 Sep 2009
Analyst: Stephen McNamara
This is all fascinating and your way of presenting the information is extraordinary.
Gary Sorkin, Pacific Communication Group
Caribbean - Telecoms, Mobile, and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses
US$795.00 until 30 Oct 2019
(normal price US$1,590.00)
Venezuela - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses
US$575.00 until 30 Oct 2019
(normal price US$1,150.00)
A selection of downloadable samples from our Annual Publications catalogue.