Last updated: 4 Mar 2008 Update History
Report Status: Archived
Report Pages: 139
Analyst: Stephen McNamara
The Southern Cone countries are
· Key satistics and forecasts;
· Market and industry overviews;
· Government policies and regulatory issues;
· Historical information;
· Major players (fixed-line, mobile, broadband, and pay TV);
· Telecom infrastructure (national and international, fixed and wireless);
· Mobile voice and data markets;
· Internet market and VoIP;
· Broadband (DSL, cable, wireless);
· Convergence, pay TV, and developments in digital TV.
Researcher - Lucia Bibolini
Current publication date: March 2008 (7th Edition)
Next publication: February 2009
BuddeComm’s Annual Publication on the Southern Cone countries, 2008 Telecoms,
This report presents a concise overview of sector liberalisation and privatisation in the Southern Cone sub-region, government initiatives, and regulations in the telecom industry, the development of product offerings for fixed-line, mobile, broadband, and pay-TV technologies, essential country and operator statistics in all telecom sectors, and the emergence of convergence and triple play.
· The fixed-line sector in the Southern Cone suffers from fixed-mobile substitution.
· Mobile telephony, on the other hand, has been soaring in the Southern Cone, especially in
· The broadband market has been booming, particularly in
· All three countries have developed WiMAX networks. Telmex
· Convergence has had a different development in each one of the three countries.
Mobile penetration and annual change in Southern Cone countries – September 2007
For those needing high-level strategic information and objective analysis on this region, this report is essential reading and gives further information on:
· Regulatory developments and spectrum auctions;
· Fixed-line developments, including the adoption of alternative technologies such as VoIP;
· Mobile telephony growth, launch of 3G, and the up-take of mobile data services;
· Broadband growth and the incursion into wireless technologies such as WiMAX;
· Convergence, triple play, High Definition TV, IPTV, and other new technologies;
· Scenario forecasts for the fixed line, mobile, and broadband markets and of
You produce well presented and thoroughly researched reports - we have bought some in the past - and you have been most helpful in getting back to me so quickly. MUCH appreciate everything about you guys .
Bertrand Waché, Ace Group, Philadelphia USA
BuddeComm's strategic business reports contain a combination of both primary and secondary research statistics, analyses written by our senior analysts supported by a network of experts, industry contacts and researchers from around the world as well as our own scenario forecasts.
For more details, please see:
Have the latest telecommunications industry news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to Paul's FREE weekly News & Views.