Virus impact over each market - telecom operators, government agencies and regulators' responses - revised forecasts for the next 5 years.
Last updated: 4 Mar 2008 Update History
Report Status: Archived
Report Pages: 139
Analyst: Stephen McNamara
The Southern Cone countries are
· Key satistics and forecasts;
· Market and industry overviews;
· Government policies and regulatory issues;
· Historical information;
· Major players (fixed-line, mobile, broadband, and pay TV);
· Telecom infrastructure (national and international, fixed and wireless);
· Mobile voice and data markets;
· Internet market and VoIP;
· Broadband (DSL, cable, wireless);
· Convergence, pay TV, and developments in digital TV.
Researcher - Lucia Bibolini
Current publication date: March 2008 (7th Edition)
Next publication: February 2009
BuddeComm’s Annual Publication on the Southern Cone countries, 2008 Telecoms,
This report presents a concise overview of sector liberalisation and privatisation in the Southern Cone sub-region, government initiatives, and regulations in the telecom industry, the development of product offerings for fixed-line, mobile, broadband, and pay-TV technologies, essential country and operator statistics in all telecom sectors, and the emergence of convergence and triple play.
· The fixed-line sector in the Southern Cone suffers from fixed-mobile substitution.
· Mobile telephony, on the other hand, has been soaring in the Southern Cone, especially in
· The broadband market has been booming, particularly in
· All three countries have developed WiMAX networks. Telmex
· Convergence has had a different development in each one of the three countries.
Mobile penetration and annual change in Southern Cone countries – September 2007
For those needing high-level strategic information and objective analysis on this region, this report is essential reading and gives further information on:
· Regulatory developments and spectrum auctions;
· Fixed-line developments, including the adoption of alternative technologies such as VoIP;
· Mobile telephony growth, launch of 3G, and the up-take of mobile data services;
· Broadband growth and the incursion into wireless technologies such as WiMAX;
· Convergence, triple play, High Definition TV, IPTV, and other new technologies;
· Scenario forecasts for the fixed line, mobile, and broadband markets and of
I am a civil engineer and have worked with Airtel, Huawei and other telecommunication companies here in Nigeria.
Your BuddeComm analyses on the telecommunications market are excellent. They always provide me with the information I need, and I also learn a great deal from reading your research.
Olusesan Banjo, Nigeria
BuddeComm's strategic business reports contain a combination of both primary and secondary research statistics, analyses written by our senior analysts supported by a network of experts, industry contacts and researchers from around the world as well as our own scenario forecasts.
For more details, please see:
A selection of downloadable samples from our Annual Publications catalogue.
Have the latest telecommunications industry news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to Paul's FREE weekly News & Views.