Last updated: 10 Mar 2008 Update History
Report Status: Archived
Report Pages: 122
Analyst: Stephen McNamara
The Central American countries are
· Key statistics and forecasts;
· Market and industry overviews;
· Government policies and regulatory issues;
· Historical information;
· Major players (fixed-line, mobile, broadband, and pay TV);
· Telecom infrastructure (national and international, fixed and wireless);
· Mobile voice and data markets;
· Internet market and VoIP;
· Broadband (DSL, cable, wireless);
· Convergence, pay TV, and developments in digital TV.
Researcher: Lucia Bibolini
Current Publication date: February 2008
Next Publication date: February 2009
BuddeComm’s Annual Publication on the Central American countries – 2008 Telecoms,
Poverty is more widespread in these countries than in the rest of
This report presents a concise overview of sector liberalisation and privatisation in the Central American sub-region, government initiatives and regulations in the telecom industry, the development of product offerings for both mobile and broadband technologies, essential country and operator statistics in all telecom sectors, and the emergence of convergence and triple play.
· Liberalisation of the fixed-line market is at different stages, from
· Due to low fixed-line teledensity, the nations of
· Broadband uptake varies greatly among these seven countries – from a penetration of around 2.2% in
· Despite the generally low telecoms indicators in Central America, these countries have witnessed some of the region’s most advanced technological deployments, such as IPTV in
Mobile penetration and annual growth in
For those needing high-level strategic information and objective analysis on this region, this report is essential reading and gives further information on:
· Regulatory developments and spectrum auctions;
· Fixed-line developments, including the adoption of alternative technologies such as VoIP;
· Mobile telephony growth, and the up-take of mobile data services;
· Broadband growth and the incursion into wireless technologies such as WiMAX;
· Convergence, triple play, High Definition TV, IPTV, and other new technologies;
· Scenario forecasts for the fixed line and mobile market in
Data in this report is the latest available at the time of preparation and may not be for the current year.
Monitor critical insights with our AI-powered Market Intelligence Platform gathering and analyzing intelligence in real time. With AI trained to spot emerging trends and detect new strategic opportunities, our clients use TMT Intelligence to accelerate their growth.
If you want to know more about it, please see:
BuddeComm's strategic business reports contain a combination of both primary and secondary research statistics, analyses written by our senior analysts supported by a network of experts, industry contacts and researchers from around the world as well as our own scenario forecasts.
For more details, please see:
Have the latest telecommunications industry news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to BuddeComm's weekly newsletter.