This report provides a snapshot of key statistical data from New Zealand, covering the major telecommunications segments including information on:
- Country statistics – GDP information and population;
- Internet and Broadband – subscribers, users and penetration rate;
- Mobile – subscribers, annual change and penetration rate;
- Telephone network – fixed-lines and teledensity;
- Telecom investment and revenue data;
- Broadcasting – Pay TV subscribers and penetration rate.
Broadband household penetration in New Zealand is catching up rapidly compared with other OECD countries. In early 2011 the annual increase in broadband penetration saw New Zealand drop from 3rd to twelfth.
While mobile penetration services continue to expand in the saturated market with subscribers continuing both mobile and mobile broadband now expanding rapidly.
Companies mentioned in this report include – Telecom Mobile, Vodafone, 2degrees, TelstraClear, Orcon, Snap, CallPlus, Telecom Corporation New Zealand.
Hot topics mentioned
Hot topics mentions in this report include – Facebook users, fixed-broadband, GDP, inflation, ISPs, BSPs, mobile penetration, Pay TV.
This report was archived in 2011 and is not updated any more. More recent up-to-date statistics are provided in the separate report New Zealand - Telecommunications - Key Statistics and Telecommunications Market at www.budde.com.au